You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Workflow: Deleting Versions Strategies #1
Florian Cortese's picture
by Florian Cortese
December 30, 2012 - 6:18am

I was watching an educational video on line recently and during the post-processing portion of the video, it showed a group of photos uploaded in LR 4 and the photographer going through groups of photos and deleting ones that were not to his liking. He would highlight a string of consecutively closely similar photos and they would all show up in the main window. He would then hover his mouse over a photo (or maybe he'd just clock on the photo) and a small “X” would appear in the upper right corner. He'd click on it and the photo would vanish and the remaining photos would stay and become slightly larger. He continued to narrow down his selections until he had one or two of the photos that he thought were the best. My question is, is there a similar way to do this in Aperture? I tried this and highlighted a single photoof the group and pressed CMD-Back delete to delete the version. It did so, but all of the selected photos disappeared from the main window and I had to reload them. Is there another way to do this?

Florian Cortese
www.fotosbyflorian.com

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
January 1, 2013 - 5:36am

Florian,

I do this all the time, but perhaps slightly differently. I’m not deleting the images, but dropping them from the selection.

Select a batch to view in the Viewer, then command-click on one to drop it from the selection. The photo isn’t deleted, but simply de-selected.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Florian Cortese's picture
by Florian Cortese
January 2, 2013 - 1:14am

Joseph- Thanks. I’ll give this a try. Happy New Year.

Florian

Florian Cortese
www.fotosbyflorian.com

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness