You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Where's Joseph? Any more DXo videos forthcoming? Any Aperture migration videos? #1
GD Rothenberg's picture
by GD Rothenberg
December 8, 2015 - 4:42pm

Six or so months ago I though Joseph was working on an Aperture to Lightroom migration course.   Then I saw his DxO video and heard, I forget from whom, that he was going to do something about using DxO as his primary and LR as his secondary.  Does anyone know the latest?

GD Rothenberg

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
December 8, 2015 - 5:08pm

Hey GD. I know, I know… I'm terrible.

The delay is two parts. One, I've been incredibly busy with stuff like the DxO and now Panasonic videos. Great work, but very time consuming.

Second was building out my recording studio. This took way longer than expected, and honestly still isn't 100%. Turns out doing what I'm doing is way harder than I thought.

The good news though is that, while the year is nearly over and it's not really time to start a regular series, I'm hoping to do a Q&A / intro to the course / open discussion this week to get the ball rolling. 

And for the record, I'm using Lightroom as my primary for pro work and Photos as my primary for personal. I love Mylio but Photos wins on convenience. Lightroom is a pain in the ass in many ways but it's also great in many ways. I use DxO Optics Pro for images that are particularly challenging or I just want a different perspective on the raw decode. 

And yes there's more DxO videos coming. Working on two at this very moment. 

Thanks for checking in, and watch this space for a hopeful announcement of that kick-off party, as early as this afternoon. I have a call with my web developer today to see if we can get a chat room integrated into the broadcast on time to make this interactive. 

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

GD Rothenberg's picture
by GD Rothenberg
December 17, 2015 - 8:16pm

Glad to hear that you’re keeping busy.  A business commitment precluded my live participation in your eagerly-anticipated Aperture Migration seminar yesterday.  I keep checking the website for the video that will be available “within a few hours”.  Any idea when it will be up?  I don’t mean to pester.

GD Rothenberg

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?