You are here

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
What happens to copyright info from export settings ? #1
Hans Douma's picture
by Hans Douma
May 4, 2014 - 3:19pm

Hi all,

When I export versions from Aperture, I would like to add copyright info to each of the exported images. So, I have edited the appropriate export settings and filled the copyright field there, assuming the copyright info would end up in the exif info of exported images. But it doesn’t….

Is there a way to get this done or is it a bug ?

Thanks

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
May 4, 2014 - 11:25pm

I import images and put the copyright in Aperture which goes in the DB as Copyright Notice.  So if you are looking for the copyright in PS  ”file info” you’ll see it in the Description tab,  but not the IPTC tab in PS.    Mine shows in AP  fine If I look for “Copyright Notice”.

I too would like this to show up in the IPTC of PS.   To write met data to Master there is a tool in AP Metadata.

How are you looking at the file to determine its not there?

dbm

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

Hans Douma's picture
by Hans Douma
May 4, 2014 - 11:00pm

Hi David,

In the Info-pane in Aperture the Copyright field from the EXIF-info is shown as empty (after re-importing an exported image).  PS does not show any copyright notice either.

So I just wondered where the copyright info goes to. For your info: I added the copyright text to the export preferences under “Web copyright”

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
May 4, 2014 - 11:33pm

I changed my first post.   The only Copyright you can add is an AP IPTC Status one.  I use a SmartAlbum to locate all Photostream images, and others, that need a copyright and Batch add them.  The Smart album  has an EXIF Rule you can add but that IS NOT the one you want!!!!     Add a rule for search called IPTC and look for “Copyright Notice”  That one you can add a copyright to,  and it will go with your images.  Its weird …Let me know if I have it wrong

Cheers

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
May 5, 2014 - 1:11pm

David is correct. You need to fill in the IPTC fields. I have a metadata preset that includes IPTC data that is common across all my images (contact info, copyright notice, etc). I apply that at the time of import so I never have to remember to do it later.

Hans Douma's picture
by Hans Douma
May 6, 2014 - 4:33pm

Thanks for your help. I have now created a new import setting and changed the copyright notice for existing images thru Metadata>batch change

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness