You are here

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Vault vs. Referenced files #1
Evan Tulli's picture
by Evan Tulli
June 18, 2012 - 3:36am

While trying to create an Vault in Aperture 3.3 (my library is updated for the 3.3 version) I get an warning message saying that 304 referenced files would not be included in the vault. The only problem is that I have no referenced files in my library!

This is what I did to try finding a referenced file that I might have forgoten about:

1) I tried selecting all photos in my library (command+A) and then selected File>Locate Referenced Files, but aperture says there isn't any referenced files in my selection.

2) Then I tried creating a Smart Album and used “Files Status: Referenced”, but again no files show up.

3) Last, I tried selecting “File Status: Offline” and again no files were located.

Anyone is having the same or similar problem?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
June 18, 2012 - 3:45am

Yep. Ghost managed files. It’s in my report to Apple, too :)

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
June 18, 2012 - 4:08am

I got this today indicating that 34 images were managed. I know I only have five managed. Updated the vault anyway. Now I don’t get that message when trying to update but Ill keep an eye out for it in the future. Thanks for the heads up!

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

Evan Tulli's picture
by Evan Tulli
June 18, 2012 - 7:45am

Reading around the internet I found out that those are the Photo Stream files.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
June 18, 2012 - 11:47am

Evan,

Sounds perfectly logical, except that my library reports 279 managed files when starting a vault, yet my Photo Stream is full with 1,000 images.

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Evan Tulli's picture
by Evan Tulli
June 18, 2012 - 9:42pm

Hi Joseph,

It seems like Aperture (at least when it comes to the vault) needs to go back to first grade and learn how to add numbers!

Other people are having similar problems. Check this discussion https://discussions.apple.com/message/18515498#18515498

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
June 18, 2012 - 10:53pm

well you may want to take this with a grain of salt.

I haven’t started photo stream and the other day the library said I had 34 managed, I only have 5. Then after repairing some images with alpha channel problems (topic for another day) and then backing up the lib it said I had 23. Again I haven’t used Photo stream my problem may not have anything to do with this ghost you are experiencing but thought Id chime in again.

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?