You are here

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Vault creation '554 referenced files will not be included' #1
David Edge's picture
by David Edge
June 2, 2012 - 12:12am

Creating a vault I got '995 managed wiles will be included; 554 referenced files will not…' But I don't have any referenced files and I created a smart album that confirmed that.

I'd had problems with this library and had done all three types of repair and it hung at the end of vault creation every time. I recreated the xml file for the library and now the backup completes. But it still refers to these non-existent referenced files. (Joseph - this is a new 2012 only library not the one that's been giving me trouble for years).

Any ideas chaps?

d.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
June 2, 2012 - 12:21am

David,

How many photos are in the library? Is it 995 or 995+554?

-joseph

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

David Edge's picture
by David Edge
June 2, 2012 - 8:54pm

Grüss Gott Joseph!

Well having done some work yesterday the vault generator gives 942/554 while showing all files (i.e. including rejects) gives 956. There’s one in trash.

d.

d.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
June 4, 2012 - 6:11pm

The numbers still don’t add up. 942 managed according to the vault generator, but looking at all photos you see 956. You’re looking at this how, via the Photos view [screenshot], showing ALL [screenshot], and looking at the total at the bottom of the window [screenshot]?

Select all photos in that view and go File > Locate Referenced Files…. If there are none, it will say “No Referenced Files”.

If that’s all as expected, then export the projects as a new library and open that and repeat the Vault test, see what happens.

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph

David Edge's picture
by David Edge
June 4, 2012 - 10:24pm

Partial success. File > Locate referenced Files says there are none.

The export gets rid of the 554 referenced, but the Photos, show all, count is 957 while the vault-making think proposes 942 versions, none referenced. The same after fix preferences, repair and rebuild.

Created a vault and then imported that back into a new library. It returned 957 files - at least at its own count.

So less that satisfactory, but it looks as if the thing works ok. I’ll report it as a bug, but I suspect Apple is too busy writing new bugs for Aperture 4/X. Or I hope they are :)

d.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
June 5, 2012 - 10:15pm

David,

No that makes sense. You will likely have more photos than files because you will have made multiple versions of some images.

So no bug, except whatever got you into this state in the first place!

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph

Tison Rhine's picture
by Tison Rhine
August 25, 2012 - 1:34am

I had the same issue as David. Exporting the projects as a new library got rid of my referenced files, but it also got rid of all my albums for that library, including the standard library albums (one star, two star, etc.) Any way around this problem?

I’m not sure if this matters, but now when I create a new library, the standard library smart albums no longer appear. There is no aperture folder under ~/library/applicatio nsupport on either of my computers running aperture 3 so I can’t delete the BuiltInSmartAlbums.plist file as was recommended in a different post. Thanks!

Tison

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
August 26, 2012 - 2:11am

Tison,

The default Smart Albums are now stored under a “ALBUMS” group, underneath the PROJECTS group, like this: [screenshot].

That’s probably where yours are after the export.

As far as not finding the Aperture Application Support folder, I don’t see how that’s possible — Aperture stores tons of stuff in there. You may be looking in the wrong place? It’s your HOME folder, then Library > Application Support > Aperture. To get to the home library, you have to hold down shift (or option?) while clicking on the Go menu in the Finder.

@PhotoJoseph

Tison Rhine's picture
by Tison Rhine
August 27, 2012 - 10:05pm

Joseph,

Underneath the PROJECTS group is normally where I found my albums, but unfortunately, there is no albums section at all after I export, nor is there one when I create a new library. I can create new albums within an existing library, but I’ve lost all of my old albums plus the standard ones.

Tison

Tison Rhine's picture
by Tison Rhine
August 27, 2012 - 10:32pm

I think I found my answer from an article on this site. It looks like the standard library albums (one star-5 star, etc.) have been gone since the 3.3 update. I hadn’t created a new library since then, so I was unaware.

I’m still not sure why my existing self-created albums didn’t transfer in the export, but unless I can find a way to remove the mysterious referenced files that shouldn’t exist without having to export to a new album, it looks like I’ll have to recreate all my albums.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness