You are here

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Using photos in forums #1
Graham Hodge's picture
by Graham Hodge
April 11, 2011 - 9:08am

Is there an easy way to upload an image from Aperture to a community forum, you know, where the button says “choose file” ?
At the moment I export an image from Aperture at 50% to a folder, then choose that file to upload.
There must be a more direct way.
Thanks for any replies.

Taking Pics in Tassie

Chris Hoch's picture
by Chris Hoch
April 11, 2011 - 7:21pm

I imagine that the forum would need to create a plugin for aperture to support exporting straight to it.

The way I have been doing it has been the same as yourself, export the image to my desktop and then upload it manually.

Florian Cortese's picture
by Florian Cortese
April 11, 2011 - 9:45pm

Graham- I use Image Shack (www.imageshack.com). It’s free. I just drag the photo I want to the desktop, open Image Shack, click on browse, select the photo and then click upload. Once uploaded I copy the direct link. The site forums that I used have a picture attachment icon. Once that is selected, I paste the direct link and click OK and the picture is up on the site. I do not go to a lot of sites to show of my pictures, but for the few that I do use, this works. Hope this helps.

Florian

Florian Cortese
www.fotosbyflorian.com

Mike Lillo's picture
by Mike Lillo
April 11, 2011 - 10:15pm

www.photobucket.com has been the easiest way for me for years. All you need to do is make a FREE account and then click upload choose the file you want (you can change the settings for different size photos) its automatically re-sizes the photo and only take a couple secs to upload.

Then when you have it uploaded and in the album you want put the curser over the image and it will give you multiple links, the last one is the one you want for forums, copy the link (by clicking on it) and paste that in the forum post box and you’ll be good to go.

Graham Hodge's picture
by Graham Hodge
April 12, 2011 - 10:51pm

Thanks for the replies.
One thing I do have is a phanfare account, bit like photobucket I guess. I can drag and drop an image to it, copy and paste the URL to insert into a forum message, but not actually upload a file to a forum gallery.
All very confusing

Taking Pics in Tassie

Robert Sfeir's picture
by Robert Sfeir
April 13, 2011 - 12:30am

The issue you describe happens because that particular forum has an HTTP upload form. You can’t upload an image over HTTP from Aperture unless someone writes a specific plugin for a specific forum and do it over an HTTP request which is not as simple as FTP. Without getting too geeky, in order to be able to do HTTP uploads, either the web server it runs on needs to have a special module which understands those types of http requests, or it must run something like a java applet, HTML5 form, or flash application which can take care of transferring the app to that site.

Hope that helps explain.

R

Graham Parker's picture
by Graham Parker
April 14, 2011 - 6:35am

I may of misunderstood but if you scroll down in the pop up box to Media then Photos the Aperture Library shows up. I don’t know what size the upload will be but web site might resize. Have just done a test here http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/newthread.php?do=postthread&f=4

Note I have 5 Aperture Library’s and only one shows up , the last one I opened

Hope this helps

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness