You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Url links in aperture? #1
Paul Carroll's picture
by Paul Carroll
September 14, 2011 - 7:04am

I want to include url links in an aperture book to send as a PDF or e book. The text editor doesn't seem to have an add link function. I have tried creating the text in a word processor and embedding the links and then copying it over but aperture doesn't recognise them. Does anyone have a solution to this or is it just not possible to do this inside aperture book function?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
September 21, 2011 - 9:15am

Paul,

I’m gonna say it’s probably not possible. The book function was only ever designed for print, and I can’t think of a way to do this within Aperture.

However, you can do it in Preview. Just open a PDF, select the text you want to turn into a link, and go to Tools > Annotate > Add Link [screenshot]. Change it to URL and away you go!

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Paul Carroll's picture
by Paul Carroll
September 22, 2011 - 4:48am

Joseph
Thanks for that. Tried it and it works as long as I open the pdf in preview. Opening it in adobe Reader the link doesn’t seem to work. I am going beyond aperture now so don’t expect an answer but perhaps there is a topic about creating a workflow on using aperture to create e books where the photographs are the star of the show but they have other features of ebooks.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
September 22, 2011 - 7:26am

Paul,

Interesting, I didn’t try to open my PDF in Acrobat.

As far as making ebooks, honestly if you’re writing more than a paragraph or two, I think you’d be better served using Pages for your page layout. That’s what I’ve done all my eBooks in (including the “Killer Tips” Canon one; see sidebar). The Aperture books are great for photo books, but if you want full formatting control, and plan on adding lots of text, you’ll outgrow that very quickly.

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness