You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Transfer aperture software #1
Patt Kelsey's picture
by Patt Kelsey
August 20, 2012 - 4:13pm

I bought a MacBook Notebok and had the aperture program downloaded at Apple before it was shipped to me. I have the new iPad3 and want to transfer my aperture software to my iPad, as my daughter is taking over the MacBook . Is it possible to do that…I was told the licensing allows for one transfer for the original owner ( which I am)… and if I can do so..HOW do I do that? I have thousands of photos in my folders/projects and have them backed up on my Seagate external hard drive…I want to be able to continue using my Aperture software to work with/edit my pics. (For now all my photos and my Aperture program are still on my old laptop.)

Mark Alderson's picture
by Mark Alderson
August 20, 2012 - 8:15pm

Patt, sorry but there is no Aperture software for the iPad. We all hope there may be in the future, but it will have to be a completely new program as an iPad, as powerful as they may seem, is no match for Aperture.

There is a program for the iPad, iPhoto for iPad, which is pretty good for working pictures on the go. I use it mainly for creating Journals and adjusting my iPhone 4s photos, usually on their way to Facebook.

Patt Kelsey's picture
by Patt Kelsey
August 21, 2012 - 3:08pm

Thank you, Mark…I was afraid of that. I read up on IPhoto…it sounds good but reviews by users ,especially after the most recent update, on the new iPad, are pretty negative. So I’m hesitating. I was also looking into ‘Snapseed’…appears to be pretty decent. Thanks again!

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?