You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Teething Trouble #1
Louise Rogers's picture
by Louise Rogers
April 8, 2013 - 6:59am

Hello experts

I wonder if someone could help me… I'm very new to photography and decided to opt for Aperture over lightroom thinking it would work better with my mac and other programmes, but I just seem to have so much trouble with it I almost feel like I've done something wrong!

1. It is so so slow. It takes sometimes 10 minutes to load the next picture.
2. On logging into my user account it always comes up with the error message “found inconsistencies in the iphoto library” - what causes these inconsistencies??
3. When I installed it I imported all of my existing photos for iphoto… was this a mistake??? I seem to have lost a year's worth of photos… and I've never backed up. Stupid I know - and I have learnt my lesson!

So, I am basically looking for answers as to why it is so slow and what causes the inconsistencies?

Any help is so gratefully received!

Thanks

Louise

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
April 8, 2013 - 12:46pm

I don’t know what causes inconsistencies, well… a system crash, a corrupted file imported, …etc. Whats import is getting back to normal. On this site the FAQ are very good, “OMG, Aperture’s broken! HELP!!”. Start at the top and read all, trying things as you go!

My guess is in the “OMG, Aperture’s broken! HELP!!” after that if still not feeling up to speed use Disk utilities to fix permissions and verify main HD.

When you get the warning of inconsistent images in a library do you click on fix them? And if so, has it fixed the problem? No matter if you choose LR or AP you’d eventually have database hiccups now and then. Backups are a must and a lot of us have three.

Good luck and let us know what you find/
Cheers dbm
David

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness