You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Syncing keywords between Libraries? #1
Jason Jue's picture
by Jason Jue
July 17, 2013 - 7:27pm

Hi,

I just created a new library for this years photos (I have one other library for previous years). I constantly update/add keywords to the keyword HUD. I just realized that my list of keywords from the two different libraries I have don't match; even though the keywords of my new library is based off the old library. Is there anyway to sync them so that if I update a keyword from one library it will update the corresponding keyword in the older library?

For example, if in both libraries I had a bunch of photos with the keyword “blue fish” assigned to them. If I rename “blue fish” keyword in the keyword HUD to “big blue fish”, anyway that can update the photo keywords in both libraries?

Jason

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
July 17, 2013 - 8:23pm

I believe libraries are independent of one another so you will have to make the same changes in both libraries, especially if they contain different images. If one library was created by export from another library, you can merge the exported library back into the source library and have those changes transfer. Different libraries with different images won’t have that same behavior.

Aperture does let you export and import keyword lists, but the tab delimited text files it creates on export are simple text files. There is no way for Aperture to know that in library A you changed blue fish to big blue fish, let you export that KW list, import it into library B and have library B’s blue fish keyword changed to big blue fish. What you will get in library B is a new keyword big blue fish, in addition to blue fish.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?