You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sort by Camera Model #1
Lisandro Enrique's picture
by Lisandro Enrique
May 17, 2014 - 4:34pm

Hi guys! forst of all, sorry my english. Second: Regards from Argentina, I have one question: how can I sort my pictures files by different camera model? its possible? The only options that I have is date, size, label, etc… need to sort by camera model… thanks!

If you even have some screenshots, it would be great! Thanks!

Lisandro M. Enrique
Wedding and Sweet Fifteen Photographer / Argentina
www.lisandroenrique.com
www.fotosocialcordoba.com.ar

Russell's picture
by Russell
May 17, 2014 - 6:39pm

Hi Lisandro

You  can use Smart Albums filtering with EXIF > Camera Model > {camera model x} for each different model you have.

If you wish, you can duplicate the Project structure so each new Project can be set up without the need to construct new Smart Albums for each Project. You can also set up similar Smart Albums that cover your whole Library rather than on a per Project basis.

This isn’t exactly a “sort” but it does separate images by camera model.

If you want a “sort” arrangement covering the whole Project or Library, a possible approach is to rename your files depending on camera model. So for instance, for whatever naming scheme you have, you could arbitrarily begin each filename with “1-” for model 1, “2-” for model 2 and so on, and then sort by Filename.

Other than easily identifying which picture was taken with which camera, I can’t see a use for “sorting” by camera model but I’m happy to be corrected. Do you have a particular use in mind?

Hope this helps, 

Russell

Russell

Russell

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness