You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Some advice or opinions please on round-tripping , #1
Davidset's picture
by Davidset
March 28, 2014 - 12:00am

For sending the occasional file round trip to photoshop, do you use the “edit with” from the photo pulldown menu, or are you using catapult for this . Could you please explain the advantages, and or pitfalls of either(why is one better than the other) ? Also do you bring it back to Aperture as a tiff or a psd…reasons?

Thanks

david s

davidset

Charles Putnam's picture
by Charles Putnam
March 28, 2014 - 12:58am

The main advantage of Catapult is it allows you to edit a RAW file in PS CC, DXO, etc, and bring them back in as a TIFF.

Ken Henke's picture
by Ken Henke
March 28, 2014 - 4:34am

Be aware that whether you bring it back in any format, the image may be brighter in Aperture than Photoshop. I did post this situation on this forum a while ago, but no resolution. Probably a color space situation. Really quite frustrating that “professional” image editors read images differently.

Davidset's picture
by Davidset
March 30, 2014 - 7:08am

Thank You Charles.

Ken does this just happen with Photoshop, or other plug-ins also? I haven’t seen this yet, but it’s not something I do often, I will watch, Thank You

david s

davidset

Ken Henke's picture
by Ken Henke
March 30, 2014 - 7:15am

David,

I have only noticed it with Photoshop. Its not a significant difference, but if an image is on the cusp of having highlights being blowout in PS, Aperture will show those same highlights as being blowout. Easy to fix in Aperture for finishing touches. Just review you histogram, as that will indicate the difference. 

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness