I have not really jumped ship completely. I’m going to use Aperture until the bitter end, but in the meanwhile I thought I’d start to learn Lightroom, so when the inevitable happens, the learning curve won’t be too steep.
Of course, there are some things LR does a bit better than Aperture that’s clear. However, some of the things I’m finding frustrating and I don’t know if this is a lack of experience, or just the way LR works. I will be eager to do Joseph’s tutorials, but in the meantime, any suggestions welcome.
- Seem to have limited filter selections and the names don’t necessarily match the names in the metadata?
- eg I wanted a smart collection by camera. The two options are camera and camera serial number
- using camera contains FUJI gave me a 0 result
- using camera contains X-E2 brought the right result
- This seems illogical to me as X-ES is camera model even though the filter header is simply camera
- Are there customisable options available?
- In Aperture when making adjustments you can go edit/delete the individual adjustments, but I haven’t found a way to do the same in LR. Seems you have to clear the whole history and start from scratch. That seems illogical and so I assume I must be missing something. I assume you have to take a snapshot of each adjustment ? Any suggestions?
Off to do a couple of online tutorials. It’s clearly just a learning curve thing, I cannot believe that a tool as popular as LR wouldn’t have a simple way to edit adjustments.
Thanks in advance