You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Simple Request..? #1
Rah Roo's picture
by Rah Roo
November 13, 2011 - 8:28am

I am shooting with a Nikon D700 and have a brand new mac book since my old one finally bit it.. I have never needed to shoot tethered till now and am on a search of a software that can do the following. 1)show images on the camera back screen as well as my lap top. and 2) save images to both macbook AND CF card (which i was under the impression aperature 3.2 can do but so far i cant seem to make that happen) .. can anyone help me with these issues???? thank you for your time

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
November 13, 2011 - 7:52pm

Rah,

I was under the impression that Aperture did leave the images on the memory card, but perhaps not… I was just re-reading an article I wrote last year when tethering was greatly expanded in Aperture (Tethering Support in Aperture 3 Expanded in OS X 10.6.4 Update, Includes Canon EOS 1Ds Mk III and 5D Mk II (and more)) and in one of the comments, someone noted that they would be sticking with the EOS Capture Utility because it did allow that. I’m traveling sans-dSLR right now, so can’t test it myself.

Curiously though, I also can’t even get my iPhone to tether at the moment. I haven’t done any major troubleshooting, but on plug-in, Aperture doesn’t see the iPhone as a camera. Curious.

Anyway on the Canon side, there’s EOS utility, but that obviously isn’t going to work for you.

I just googled “nikon tethering software mac” and that came up with a few things, including one available on the Mac App Store.

Someone else here may have direct Nikon tethered shooting experience to offer.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Rah Roo's picture
by Rah Roo
November 13, 2011 - 10:51pm

I read on many forums that aperture allowed saving to both memory card and Mac at tr same time then I actually stumbled on a few posts claiming it suddenly has stopped this feature which reallybothers me.. However if there was an older version that supports that I’d glady just revert back seeing how Nikon doesnt seem to play nice with any software.. Even their own.. Most of the Nikon software is having huge issues with lion and tend to lack tethered features like the ones I ask for unless you spend over $5k on the model.. I have switched to phase one capture 1 software for right now and while it does not want to seem to save to my memory card while tethered or show display on camera while tethered it will wirelessly show images on my iPhone as I shoot due to a clever app they offer for free .. This might even lead me to buy an iPad finally.. Hmmmm. Either way this whole ordeal is sort of heart breaking.. All I keep hearing is canon shootings having no issues and us Nikon guys suffering

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness