You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Setting up Aperture like a Photo Booth #1
Danny's picture
by Danny
November 3, 2010 - 11:47am

Hey Joseph,

I was wondering if it would be possible to shoot tethered and then when a picture it taken it is added to an album. Then after 4 pictures have been taken it is possible to have Aperture notice there are 4 new photos and then print them out automatically as a contact sheet on a 4x6.

Pretty much like setting it up as a photo booth.

Thanks for your help. Love TWiP!

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
November 3, 2010 - 9:49pm

Danny,

Tethered shooting is about as far as you can get with the built-in tools. When you shoot tethered, the shots go into a Project—but you can’t direct them into an Album. That in itself may not be a problem however.

Selecting four photos and printing them as a contact sheet is probably AppleScript-able. I don’t think it’d be completely automatic, but could be as simple as selecting four images and running the script.

What do you think?

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Danny's picture
by Danny
November 4, 2010 - 10:06am

Ok so now I have one more question for you. When you make a contact sheet are you able to have a logo take up lets say 1.5” on the left side and then have the remaining for the pictures? I tried for a bit last night to mess with it but the logo feature only stuck a logo in the upper left and the watermark stuck it on the whole image.

I guess I could always pre-print the pages with the logo on them and then have them in the printer for when people use it.

I am going to work on it and let you know how I do.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
November 5, 2010 - 8:47am

Danny,

Hmm, yeah it looks like you don’t have any choice on where the “Logo” is printed when choosing that option.

I think your pre-print idea is a good one.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness