You are here

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Script for converting RAW to JPEG then ditch masters #1
Gavin Hall's picture
by Gavin Hall
July 13, 2011 - 2:56pm

Hi there

I have been using RAW for quite a few years now. I totally get all the benefits but I now have thousands of happy snaps (of kids playing in the garden for example) which are perfectly well exposed, have no artistic value and which are taking about 10Mb each.

Rather than perpetually buy more storage, I'd like to actually convert many of these RAWs to max quality JPEGs and then ditch the RAWs keeping the JPEG as the new master.

Is there an easy way to do this in Aperture, and if not would you consider creating a script for this purpose?

Many thanks

Kind regards

Gavin

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
July 13, 2011 - 3:05pm

Gavin,

Just for you, because you asked… here you go: Convert Master File Format.

;-)

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Gavin Hall's picture
by Gavin Hall
July 13, 2011 - 3:29pm

As if by magic! Joseph you’re a legend.

Cheers

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
July 13, 2011 - 3:32pm

haha… all I can take credit for here is writing the line above :) ApertureExpert friend Morten Scheel wrote this last year. Great script; be sure to check out all of ‘em!

cheers
-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

SJHC's picture
by SJHC
January 21, 2013 - 2:40am

Joseph, I have downloaded this script, which works well - except that, when I select multiple images and run the script, it only converts the primary selection. It’s not the Primary only button - the same thing happens whether that is toggled or not. Odd, since if I click and drag the selected images, they all move. Can you help?

Aperture 3.4.3, OSX 10.8.2.

Stephen

SJHC

SJHC's picture
by SJHC
January 21, 2013 - 6:13am

OK, working now. The usual - re-booting.

SJHC

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness