You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
removing duplicate photo's #1
photobug's picture
by photobug
October 26, 2010 - 4:17am

thru auto-stack I could see some duplicates. Paired down 29,000 photos to 19,000.
I know there are still more duplicates. Any software that would pull these out?
I have re-imported past backup's (afraid of losing pics) and just figured I would delete
duplicates. There is enough small differences from past backup's that it is a mess. I have tried sorting by different categories and deleting (with about 70% success).
Thanks

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
October 29, 2010 - 10:55pm

Photobug,

Duplicates are a pain, no doubt. There are, I believe, some third-party solutions out there that will hunt through your Aperture Library, but I don’t have any experience with them. Ask the Great Google for something, or perhaps someone else here will have experience with one.

If the duplicates are the same name, looking at your library in List view might make it easier to find them. However look for similarities in the dupes, for example a keyword that’s on all (or most) duplicates, like “iPhoto Original”. Searching by those differences can help locate the dupes more quickly.

It’s not an easy task because unless a file is a byte-for-byte duplicate, there’s no guarantee that it is a duplicate, and that can make it very hard to be comfortable deleting files automatically.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness