You are here

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Refrenced masters dont selete #1
Damien Mackey's picture
by Damien Mackey
February 5, 2013 - 7:18am

Hi Guys

i would appreciate any help or guidance on this.
I have tried to delete my unrated, refrenced masters and versions from a project/library.
They delete fine on the screen but when i go to my drobo to check that they are gone i find they are still there.
Once agin any help much appreciated

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
February 5, 2013 - 7:52am

Hi Damien
Did you delete your system trash after you were in aperture and deleted your images and they are still not gone???

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

Damien Mackey's picture
by Damien Mackey
February 5, 2013 - 8:10am

Hi DB

I tried to delete the system trash but it won’t let me.

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
February 5, 2013 - 8:54am

Thats a problem. Restart the computer and try emptying the trash. If that doesn’t work hold the shift key and turn on the computer, holding the shift key till the horizontal time indication shows up. Once there (Safe Boot) you cant do much but some logs were cleared and you should be able to empty the trash. let us know how it goes Cheers.

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
February 5, 2013 - 10:52pm

There are 3 steps to deleting an image from Aperture.

1. Delete from Project (puts the image in the Aperture trash).
2. Empty Aperture trash (if images are referenced, you must check the box to place the master/original in the system trash. Otherwise Aperture will leave them where they are).
3. Empty the System trash.

You stated that when you attempted to empty the system trash, it wouldn’t let you. What does that mean? Did you see the images in question inside the system trash? Images were in the system trash but the “empty trash” command failed? What was the error message?

Thomas

Damien Mackey's picture
by Damien Mackey
February 6, 2013 - 6:01am

Hi Guys

Just an update on my issue.

When i choose to delete my unrated images in a project they do delete and go to the aperture trash, its here where my problem lies, when i try to delete them from the aperture trash it ask me if i wanna delete the masters i check the box to say yes and then i get an error saying the following.
CANNOT MOVE FILES TO SYSTEM TRASH AND THEY WILL REMAIN IN THEIR CURRENT LOCATION, YOU DONT HAVE ACCESS TO THE MASTER FILES VOLUME.
OTHER MASTER FILES WILL BE MOVED TO THE SYSTEM TRASH AS SPECIFIED

Thanks for all the help guys

Chris Hoch's picture
by Chris Hoch
February 6, 2013 - 7:10am

Have you tried repairing permissions on the drive? I have not used a drobo before so I am not to sure if that would be an option in the disk utility?

Damien Mackey's picture
by Damien Mackey
February 7, 2013 - 10:49pm

Hi Guys

Just an update on my issue.

When i choose to delete my unrated images in a project they do delete and go to the aperture trash, its here where my problem lies, when i try to delete them from the aperture trash it ask me if i wanna delete the masters i check the box to say yes and then i get an error saying the following.
CANNOT MOVE FILES TO SYSTEM TRASH AND THEY WILL REMAIN IN THEIR CURRENT LOCATION, YOU DONT HAVE ACCESS TO THE MASTER FILES VOLUME.
OTHER MASTER FILES WILL BE MOVED TO THE SYSTEM TRASH AS SPECIFIED

Thanks for all the help guys

I have gone into safe boot and tried to delete the images from the aperture trash but still not possible i get the same message as above.

Guys any help at all much appreciated

Damien

Damien Mackey's picture
by Damien Mackey
February 8, 2013 - 8:38pm

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the help, the upshot is that when i got that error it had a continue button to go ahead anyway, once i pressed this after a couple of secs they disappeared.

Cheers for all the help

Damien

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
February 9, 2013 - 12:09am

So They are no longer in your Drobo? I think they might be there, you just can’t see them in Aperture. Sounds like you need to tell drobo that you have permission to toss files. Or don’t worry about them and add another larger HD to the Drobo when needed. Cheers

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?