You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Re-Install Mountain Lion CLEAN and aperture #1
Gianluca Ferrazza's picture
by Gianluca Ferrazza
October 1, 2012 - 1:18am

I have a MBP 13 “, and a hard drive where I run backup TIME MACHINE, now I want to install MOUNTAIN LION installation with a CLEAN, which means that then I will not take back your old backup TIME MACHINE, I'll always mind of unnecessary files LION, having said that I do not know how to behave as I do not use libraries oPENINGS but I have all of the folders and subfolders in FINDER, so I could put on the mEDIA STORAGE all my folders with RAW openings but then I do not know how to take back THE ADJUSTAMENT all, KEYWORD ECT …..

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
October 11, 2012 - 7:09am

Gianluca,

Apologies but I’m having a hard time understanding your question. If you need to install Mountain Lion and want to do a clean install, at some point in the setup process I believe it’ll ask you if you want to restore from a Time Machine volume, so maybe that will work for you after all.

If I understand the question about Aperture, you are working with a Referenced library and are concerned that you will lose your adjustments and metadata? This is all stored in the Aperture Library, regardless if you work Managed or Referenced. So after the reinstall, all you’ll need to do is open your Library and possibly reconnect Originals, if you have arranged things in a different order, but that is only a few clicks to reconnect.

Let me know if these are the answers you’re looking for.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness