You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
problem editing movies in Aperture 3 #1
Fong lam's picture
by Fong lam
July 14, 2011 - 6:51am

Hi,

when i import movies from my iPhone into my A3 library, the only thing i can do with them is play it.
When i mouse over the clip i don't get a popover menu, i don't see a gear menu.
I cannot edit the movie, i cannot do the things showed in the tutorial movies at all.

I'm running version 3.1.2 on Snow Leopard 10.6.8, 13” MacBook2,1 2.16 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo.

I have posted the same question on the Apple discussions forum.
https://discussions.apple.com/message/15586648
Thanks

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
July 14, 2011 - 7:31am

Fong,

You said you can play it—how are you playing; do you see the control bar, but it’s missing the gear menu? [screenshot]

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
July 14, 2011 - 7:49am

Fong,

Solution found!

The problem is that your Viewer is too small. This is compounded by the fact that you’ve captured a vertical video on the iPhone (I saw your screenshot on apple.com and that got me thinking).

I made my Aperture window as small as possible, and got the same thing: [screenshot]

Then I switched to Viewer only mode, and kept expanding the window until the full play bar showed up. The window was around 744 pixels tall before that happened. [screenshot]

You could probably go full screen as well and see that without having to get a bigger display. Since your 13” MacBook has a vertical resolution of 800 pixels, you’re definitely at the edge of the needed size.

Viewing horizontal videos probably doesn’t exhibit this problem though.

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?