You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Previews & disk space #1
Damien Mackey's picture
by Damien Mackey
February 8, 2013 - 11:18pm

Hi Guys im back lol!

I am trying to clean up my aperture libraries, i use a different library for every shoot so its long and tedious work, anyhow i have gone through each and every library and deleted all the unrated images that i didnt need, i deleted them from aperture trash and then from the system trash which brought a lot of space on my hard drive.
I remember reading a post about previews and deleting them from the aperture library which gave even more space, does anyone have any information as to how to do it as i cannot find and info myself.

Cheers

Damien

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
February 9, 2013 - 12:27am

You can delete all previews from AP but then you can’t share them with other programs like iWork etc. Your libs are all separate jobs so space should not be an issue since the lib eventually resides on probably an external HD till you need it. I know you have a Drobo as I do, I store OLD libs on the drobo but if needed I copy them over to the computer and open them there. My reference files are on the Drobo. If you still want to delete previews of images in your lib look under Photo toward the bottom “Delete Preview” You can do it one at a time or select a bunch. Cheers

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness