You are here

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Photo Stream Album Question #1
John Woods's picture
by John Woods
September 21, 2012 - 6:39am

Hi All,

the only way I can seem to access Photo stream from within Aperture is as shown in this screenshot, is this correct? I dont want to have aperture import my photostream into an actual album, just I thought I should have a photostream icon in the libary section, not the web section? Im using 3.4, thansk alot guys!

http://i.imgur.com/cW6Pi.png

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
October 16, 2012 - 6:07am

Alexander,

Hm, not that I see. I dug through the search options and didn’t find anything that referenced Shared Photo Streams. I know you can look at everything in the Photo Stream folder by using a Project Path Contains Photo Stream but that doesn’t appear to show shared Photo Stream images.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
October 11, 2012 - 9:45am

Steen,

Glad you’re enjoying the site, thanks.

Good point on Shared Photo Stream — I hadn’t noticed yet! No, no way to change the resolution settings. Curious, but it makes sense. Every photo you share gets pushed up to iCloud, then back to however many people you’re sharing it to, plus to your own other iOS devices, your own Mac, etc. That’s a ton of traffic.

@PhotoJoseph

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
October 11, 2012 - 9:54am

John,

If you don’t want Aperture to import the photos from Photo Stream, but just display them, then disable importing in the preferences.

@PhotoJoseph

Alexander Johnson's picture
by Alexander Johnson
October 14, 2012 - 5:14am

Hi Joseph,

First off, just started poking around on the site and really liking what I see. Great job!

I was wondering if you know a way to have a shared photo stream that is automatically updated, linked to a smart album?

Been looking around and can’t seem to find a way to do it.

Thanks,
Alex

Joe Chapman's picture
by Joe Chapman
December 23, 2012 - 4:55am

Hi! New to this site and hopefully it’s what I need.

Quick question to clarify how Aperture works with Photo Stream.

I open Aperture and in the sidebar on the left I see a ‘WEB’ with Photo Stream on it. It shows all photo streams (mine and my wife’s and daughters from their iPhones) and I also see PROJECTS by month (‘Dec 2012 Photo Stream’) containing my photo stream. It appears that my photo stream is automatically archived into a PROJECT (as previously mentioned) and it will stay on my Mac, in Aperture, even after it ‘rolls off’ the web-based photo stream. Is that correct?

And a follow up: presuming that the above it correct, how do I do the same to the shared photo streams from my wife & daughter?

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
September 21, 2012 - 1:21pm

The 3.4 update changed where Photo Stream shows up in Aperture. I suppose they moved it to the WEB section because you can now share multiple Photo Streams with others. iOS 6 was also updated to support multiple Photo Streams.

Thomas

Steen Jenfort's picture
by Steen Jenfort
October 4, 2012 - 9:42am

Hi All

I am new to this site, but must say I love it, a wealth of information, Thank you everybody for contributing and a huge thanks to Joseph for doing this.

My question is: In our household I maintain photo libraries etc. and my wife just shoots on her IPhone 4s, now she then shares the good shots with me via a shared photostream and they show up nicely in Aperture 3.4.1 on my Mac OSX 10.8.2

BUT It seems like the Shared Photo Stream in IOS6 shares lower resolution photos ? Is there a way around this ?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?