You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Photo editing software for Aperture #1
John Boyd's picture
by John Boyd
May 14, 2013 - 12:49pm

While I can do almost all of the retouching of my photos with Aperture and the Nik Collection that I require, there are time when I want to delete an object and fill the space with the background. What is available–besides Photoshop–that can do this with RAW files and is compatible with Aperture?

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
May 14, 2013 - 1:36pm

There is Photoshop Elements, Acorn and Pixelmator. All 3 are available in the Mac App Store. Acorn and Pixelmator are currently on sale. Of the 3, Photoshop Elements costs the most. You can probably get Photoshop Elements for less money on Amazon.com. (It used to be that way - I haven’t verified just now)

And then there is the free open source GIMP.

I recall that Pixelmator has a free trial available on their website. But you must buy from the Mac App Store. Not sure Acorn has a trial. If you find the developer’s website you may find one.

Caveat: I have Photoshop CS5.1 and don’t have much experience with the 3 I mentioned above although I just bought Pixelmator. I haven’t had time to play with it.

Thomas

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
May 20, 2013 - 9:09am

I suppose the clone / healing brush in Aperture doesn’t work to the degree you need for the cases where you are looking for an external editor to do this (like PS’s content-aware fill)?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?