You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Peter Hayes #1
Peter Hayes's picture
by Peter Hayes
March 31, 2012 - 7:41pm

I'm a new user.
Only a small proportion of my imported versions are shown if I click on a project or folder in the library–eg a single click on a particular folder reveals 814 versions are present,and I know I imported them OK and I THINK they WERE there–but it only shows about 50 in the viewer.
Can anyone help ? Sorry , obviously in catch up mode here !

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
April 1, 2012 - 2:44am

Peter,

Usually if you don’t see all your photos, it’s because some kind of filter is applied. The default view is “unrated or better”, which means if you reject a photo it disappears from view until you manually ask to see them.

In the browser, tap the (x) to reset to the default view, or click on the drop-down and choose Show All to see everything [screenshot].

You can know at a glance how many photos actually live in any one project by enabling the option “Show numbers of versions for projects and albums” in the Preferences [screenshot] which will give you a view like this: [screenshot]

Also remember you can’t import photos into a folder; only into a project. So perhaps you’re simply looking in the wrong place.

If you’re not familiar with that, I highly recommend my ebook “In-Depth Getting Started with Aperture 3” or even the full Aperture training video if you prefer that. There’s also the Live Training you can consider.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Peter Hayes's picture
by Peter Hayes
April 1, 2012 - 8:06am

Thanks Joseph.trying to run before walking as usual.Still not sure how I messed up in the first place tho’ !.Will get book.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?