You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Organizing Keyword HUD #1
Jason Finner's picture
by Jason Finner
February 12, 2012 - 10:49pm

Good day all,

I'm organizing the keyword HUD (just watched episode 7 on keywords) and when I move a keyword, it notes that keyword is being used twice the number of photos that I can search for.

For example, I go to move Bob Smith and the HUD (and search) confirm its being used 9 times…yet when I move the keyword to a different hierarchy, its noting its used 18 times.

What's happening?

Thanks,

JF

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
February 13, 2012 - 4:36am

Jason,

I think that means you had two instances of the same keyword, at two different levels. So for example, you my have had “Bob Smith” at the top level, as well as inside of something else, i.e. “Friends > Bob Smith”.

If you move one into the same location as the other, it’ll recognize the dupe and ask if it’s OK to merge them.

If you use the search window to find by Keyword and use the one where you check off the boxes of the keyword you want, you have to be sure you’re locating both instances. On the other hand you can search by IPTC > Keyword > text (pretty sure that’s where it’s located) and if you type in “Bob Smith”, it’ll find ALL instances of “Bob Smith”, no matter where they are in the hierarchy.

That’s what I’d imagine is happening for you—multiples instances of the same keyword.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness