You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Offline images NOT actually offline #1
tyler hubby's picture
by tyler hubby
October 20, 2012 - 2:41am

I'm running Aperture 3.4.1 on OSX 10.8.2 on an early 2008 MacPro with 8gb of RAM.

After the last update I have noticed upon importing images from card media that the thumbnails appear in the browser for a moment during import then go black with the red slash referenced image badge. When I toggle through the view options the image is there. It also appears on my second monitor (set to Alternate)

When I quit and relaunch Aperture all comes back just fine! Reference badges are normal and thumbnail is visible again. I have repaired and rebuilt the library hoping that might fix the issue but it has not. Although not a catastrophic issue, it is disconcerting nonetheless. Am I staring down the barrel of a system reinstall?

many thanks,
Tyler

tyler hubby's picture
by tyler hubby
November 3, 2012 - 12:42am

Thanks.

tyler hubby's picture
by tyler hubby
October 20, 2012 - 3:16am

-UPDATE-

After re-launching Aperture my thumbs show online reference badges but no thumbs. The only thing that seems to help is if I re-generate the preview (previews are set to auto generate for new projects - which I always create for a new import)

could it be a preferences problem?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
October 21, 2012 - 12:05am

Tyler,

Thomas Boyd noted this issue himself in this post: “Odd Importing Behavior in Aperture 3.3”. Seems to just be a weird bug.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?