You are here

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
No Map in Places #1
James "Alex" Alexander's picture
by James "Alex" Alexander
January 10, 2011 - 5:49am

When I click on Places, no Map occurs. This question was posed on the Apple Aperture discussion board twice last October, but there was nor response. Everything is up to date. All suggestions appreciated.

Adam Miller's picture
by Adam Miller
January 12, 2011 - 3:54am

Are you connected to the internet?

-Adam

James "Alex" Alexander's picture
by James "Alex" Alexander
January 12, 2011 - 4:25am

Yes sir, sure am.

Adam Miller's picture
by Adam Miller
January 12, 2011 - 4:47am

Good. Maps won’t load if you aren’t : )

I would make sure that you’re running Aperture 3.1.1. If you are already running 3.1.1 or are still experiencing the problem after you update to 3.1.1 I would try Repair Permissions, Repair Database and Rebuild Database in that order checking to see if the problem is fixed after each one.

Here is a short article explaining how this works…

http://aperture.maccreate.com/2010/02/09/repair-rebuild-fixing-your-aper…

-Adam

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
January 12, 2011 - 7:04am

Alex,

I think we tried this, but I could be mistaken… please create a new Library (menu File > Switch to Library > Other/New… and see if Places load on that one.

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
January 13, 2011 - 3:12am

An update for those interested…

I spent some time with Alex today and we got it sorted out. We tried a bunch of stuff, including creating a new library, trashing all preferences, and checking network settings. Finally we created a new user and the problem was gone, indicating it was user specific.

A search in the ~/Library revealed one other file we hadn’t tried. At this point I went at it pretty aggressively and tried a lot of stuff at once, but I’m 90% confident that ultimately the problem was solved by the removal of this file:

~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Aperture/Cache.db

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?