You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Need help with adjusting skin in Aperure #1
Katie S.'s picture
by Katie S.
October 29, 2014 - 4:51pm

I am editing some photos from a shoot from this weekend.  This is my first time really using Aperture in this way.  I’ve been going by a video on Lynda.com and all pictures have turned out really nice with the process I’ve used.  

I have one photo of my friend that I cannot get it to look right.  She has on a bright blue shirt and the background is beautiful fall colors of yellows and orange.  I’ve adjusted white balance, exposure and the background looks great but her skin keeps going pink on me.  I’m not sure what to try first.  Any suggestions or thoughts?

Katie

Katie S.

bjurasz's picture
by bjurasz
October 29, 2014 - 5:40pm

My best guess is to brush in a new white balance for only the skin portion of the shot.

Bill Jurasz
Austin Texas

Bob Rockefeller's picture
by Bob Rockefeller
October 29, 2014 - 8:15pm

I don’t believe you can brush in an Aperture White Balance brick adjustment. But you could try an Enhance brick with a tint. But that’s out of my league.

Bob
----------
Bob Rockefeller
Midway, GA
www.bobrockefeller.com

Kodora's picture
by Kodora
November 6, 2014 - 3:54pm

My go-to tool for fixing color cast problems with skin tones is the Color adjustment brick. If the problem is not too big, you can target a narrow range of tones pretty effectively and efficiently and adjust the hue to add some warmth. You’ll probably have to reduce the saturation and increase the luminance by a bit (in this adjustment brick). See also:

https://thephotosexpert.com/forum/use-range-parameter-color-adjustment-b…

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness