You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Moving Aperture slideshow from Mac Pro to MacBook #1
Tim Wainwright's picture
by Tim Wainwright
March 6, 2013 - 1:28am

Hi
I'm new to the forum and hope someone can help with my problem.
I've created a 400 plus image slideshow in Aperture 3.24. I now want to transfer it to my MacBook (which also has Aperture on it) so I can use the slideshow via a projector at my camera club.

What I've done so far:
1 In Aperture, File > Export Slideshow as New Library
2 Copied the file to a 16 gig CF card
3 Imported the file to the desktop on the MacBook
4 Opened Aperture on the MacBook
5 Imported the file from the desktop into Aperture

All the Jpegs and Thumbnails were there, but the slideshow wasn't.

I then tried File > Import > Library Project, hoping that would import the slideshow, but all the files are greyed out.

Anyone got any ideas or do I have to recreate the whole slideshow, putting the files into correct sequence, adding titles - time consuming when time is very tight.

Thanks for any response.

twain

Tim Wainwright's picture
by Tim Wainwright
March 6, 2013 - 3:10am

OK, I’ve solved my own question. I repeated the whole process again, this time transferring the slideshow via a Firewire HD to the MacBook and now the slideshow is working fine.

twain

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
March 6, 2013 - 3:27am

Tim,

Based on your solution, I’m guessing the problem was related to how the CF card was formatted. Typically CF cards are formatted for use in cameras which is not HFS Extended which is what Aperture requires. You could probably reformat the CF card to HFS Extended using Disk Utility and get it to work. But then it won’t work in your camera until you reformat it again in the camera.

Tom

Thomas

Tim Wainwright's picture
by Tim Wainwright
March 6, 2013 - 8:36am

Tom

I guess you are correct - I never thought of reformatting the card. I just imagined the CF card would work in a similar vein to a USB memory stick. The original download from the CF card to the MacBook took a couple of hours. About 90 per cent downloaded immediately, and the last dozen images took about an hour. It was painful watching it, I went off for lunch and it still hadn’t finished when I returned.

The download via Firewire took only minutes.

twain

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?