You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Missing Files From Existing Libraries Aperture 3.4.1 #1
Kate Ward's picture
by Kate Ward
November 6, 2012 - 2:12am

Hi I am working off Mac OSX 10.7.1 and using Aperture 3.4.1. I launched Aperture and noticed a couple libraries that I've used to edit and export client files are now empty. I was able to simply upload my raw files from my external hard drive expect for one client's shoot I hadn't backed up yet from Aperture. Ugh. I was able to find the missing files in Aperture Trash and could select and drag some of the files onto my desktop. They are now jpgs but totally usable. Some of the files wouldn't move when they were selected and dragged. I also right clicked and chose “Move Back” for these stubborn files. They moved back into the library but have a yellow warning triangle, an arrow and a lock by them. I can't export or move these files. What can I do to get them exported out as usable files? Aperure says it can't find the originals. I've also done a search on my general desktop search window for the files, and checked my desktop trash with no luck.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
November 19, 2012 - 1:58pm

Kate,

Sorry for the delay; I hope this response gets to you in time.

Open the library package (right click on the library and choose Show Package Contents and look in the Masters folder. Drag those out and then reimport them.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Kate Ward's picture
by Kate Ward
November 11, 2012 - 12:30pm

Hi Joseph, I usually download all my images from my camera to an external hard drive and then into Aperture. This time I was in a hurry and didn’t back them up to the external hard drive. So the only place they are stored is in Aperture. The clock is ticking for me as I need to access these images for a big order that is due.

Any suggestions? It’s so frustrating because I can see the files, I just can’t move/use them

Kate

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
November 6, 2012 - 9:05am

Kate,

Sorry to hear about this. You didn’t say; are these Referenced or Managed file that are missing?

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?