You are here

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Messy Borders in Aperture.. #1
David Perkins's picture
by David Perkins
March 24, 2010 - 7:44am

Is there a plug-in that does messy or ragged borders in Aperture?
I’m interested in simulating the type of stray light borders you get from analog darkroom projection.. Surely this is lurking somewhere, but I’ve yet to come across it ..
cheers in advance

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
April 1, 2010 - 12:20pm

David,

Check out BorderFX. I honestly don’t know if it does messy or ragged, but have a look if you haven’t already!

Hmm… PhotoFrame appears to do what you want. Not cheap and from what I saw they don’t talk about Aperture 3 compatibility, but they do have a free trial. Check it out and let us know!

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Chris McCord's picture
by Chris McCord
April 8, 2010 - 2:31am

I installed the BorderFX one, doesn’t seem to do the messy borders, I don’t like it, how do we remove plug-ins from Aperture?

Now the oneOnone PhotoFrame is more promising, and is exactly what I’m looking for. But they are not yet supporting Aperture 3, but there is hope!

http://www.ononesoftware.com/blog/2010/03/31/aperture-3-support-coming/

Thanks!

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
April 9, 2010 - 1:41am

Chris,

Glad to hear that OnOne is getting ready for Aperture 3!

Most plug-in installers also have an uninstaller. If it does, that’s the best way to do it as that will remove the plug-in AND any support files automatically. If not, you can remove them from the system folder.

Go to Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Aperture > Plug-Ins and you’ll see it there.

@PhotoJoseph

Martin Pokora's picture
by Martin Pokora
November 20, 2011 - 10:41pm

Hi, I have installed Photomatix HDR. When I wanted to remove/uninstall it there were no files here: Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Aperture > Plug-Ins. There is just empty folder Plug-ins in the Finder. But Photomatix still works. Any ideas?

Bob Miller's picture
by Bob Miller
November 21, 2011 - 3:02am

Nik Software has really nice boarder tools. Ragged, smooth, you name it. They are all plug-ins the work well with Aperture.

Bob

Milt Anglin's picture
by Milt Anglin
November 21, 2011 - 10:33pm

I am using OnOne software Perfect Photo Suite 6 which includes PhotoFrame and it is fully compatible with Aperture 3.

Milt

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
November 22, 2011 - 6:11pm

Martin,

Try looking in the Home folder (~/Library…) instead of the root folder. You may find the plugins there.

@PhotoJoseph

Martin Pokora's picture
by Martin Pokora
November 26, 2011 - 8:15am

Perfect! I have finally deleted Photomatix plug-in. THX
Martin

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?