You are here

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
MacPhun apps Implements El Capitan Extensions #1
Krakatoa Sundra's picture
by Krakatoa Sundra
September 29, 2015 - 10:23pm

Heads up. MacPhun will implement photos extensions for Photos. This is great news for those of you who are fans of Intensify and Noiseless.  These apps will give you brushable adjustments and all the goodies you had in Aperture. This will put editting in Photos on par with Lightroom or Aperture.

You will get the full functionality of these apps including the layers of adjustments. However, i’m not user since i have Affinity Photo which i use for composition/design but it works great for photo development and also has a raw development module which i like better than PS ACR.

http://www.photographyblog.com/news/macphun_releases_first_extensions_fo…

Intensify: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR2cdJvipQA

Tonality: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hMMC-f5JF8

Noiseless: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG18nB5ughM

And speaking of Affinity Photo, i did talk to Serif and they did say they were exploring implementing photos extensions. Who’s knows how long that will take. They have full plate of task that they need to do like Affinity Designer for iPad as well Affinity Publisher for desktop publishing.

Robert Ke
twitter: rke21

also at:
instagram: rke21
facebook: outdoorphotographynow

BugDoc's picture
by BugDoc
September 30, 2015 - 4:27pm

This sounds very promising. One question: does the use of these extensions involve a non-destructive workflow? That is, a raw file stays raw, no TIFF or such is created in Photos, and we can go back and reedit at will?

Thanks for any info,

Denis

Krakatoa Sundra's picture
by Krakatoa Sundra
October 9, 2015 - 8:18pm

Non-destructive editing is for native adjustments only and not for extensions. It does not stay RAW. I imagine RGB data is getting passed through but I don’t know the technical details on how this work.

Robert Ke
twitter: rke21

also at:
instagram: rke21
facebook: outdoorphotographynow

rigmover's picture
by rigmover
October 13, 2015 - 4:23pm

I downloaded Noiseless at £10.00 then found I couldn’t use it on raw photos and was told by Macphun to download Noiseless Pro, so I did at £20.00 and now I can’t use it in photos with extensions, very pi$$ed off, thought this was going to be a new relationship with Macphun, but now it’s a trial separation and probably a divorce.

rigmover.com

Milo's picture
by Milo
October 14, 2015 - 6:19am

So the extension is a weak version and the pro version is unusable as an extension?????

rigmover's picture
by rigmover
October 14, 2015 - 12:35pm

Yes Milo that is correct, I have to drag raw photo out of photos to my desktop, then drag it into pro, as far as I can tell it’s unusable, of course I could be missing something.

rigmover.com

Peter's picture
by Peter
October 14, 2015 - 1:50pm

MacPhun announced updates for october 15.

If that doesn’t solve your problem you can ask a refund.

Tom's picture
by Tom
October 15, 2015 - 5:01pm

Downloaded Macphun CK 2016, installed.  Problems at first, but after uninstalling twice, and then re-installing a third time, and then restarting the computer (that appears to be an important step), I’m up and running, for the most part.

Extensions that work within Photos 1.1 are, Tonality, Snapheal, Intensify, Noiseless, and FX Photo Studio.  Missing in action is, Focus.

Big surprise while editing within Photos 1.1 using extensions is, no undo, redo abilities.  A big bummer!  The only thing you can do is hit, Cancel, which takes you out of the extension and back to Photos 1.1 edit mode, where you can start over.  The standalone apps all have the capability of the undo, redo buttons, prior to saving.

I opened a RAW file in Photos 1.1, edited with Intensify extension, saved, backed out of editing, and the edited file was still registered as, RAW.  Opened the file back up under edit mode, and hit the, “Revert to Original” button, and all was what back to its former, unedited self.

So, except for Focus CK, there are 5 working extensions.  Work with them as standalones, or in extension mode.  No undo, redo abilities really is problematic, it seems to me.

But, I’m loving the results of Intensify on my landscape shots!

Tom

rigmover's picture
by rigmover
October 15, 2015 - 5:22pm

Updated the software to CK and now all working well.

rigmover.com

Milo's picture
by Milo
October 16, 2015 - 12:12am

Great news! Might try it myself.

Tom's picture
by Tom
October 16, 2015 - 9:25am

As a side note…

All six extensions show up in Aperture 3.6, and work!

Tom

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?