You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Losing pics in project...weird behaviour #1
Jason Finner's picture
by Jason Finner
January 22, 2011 - 11:31am

Hello all,

I am in the process of importing my photos to projects. After I have imported the photos I am organizing projects in folders by Year. As soon as I go to move the project into the appropriate folder, the photos go missing in the project. If I click on Show Project Info it says 'xx photos' correctly…If i create a smart album and search for the photo's text, it finds the photos…if I right click a photo and click on Show in Project it points me to the empty project!!! But it still won't show the photos.

If I go to the top of the inspector and click on Projects, it shows the project and will even preview all the photos if I drag the mouse across it…yet if I click on the project its still empty. The search fields are empty too, I can't figure this out! Is there a maximum number of projects that can be in a folder?

JF

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
January 22, 2011 - 2:55pm

Jason,

You could be in Viewer view, and with no image(s) selected, you’d see a blank canvas. Also I know you said the search fields are empty, but let’s be sure. See this [screenshot].

No there’s no (known) maximum to how many projects can be in a folder. Unless you have hundreds or thousands I don’t think that’s the problem.

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Jason Finner's picture
by Jason Finner
January 30, 2011 - 4:26am

Hi Joseph, for a period of time it stopped and now its back…I’ll import a project (as I have now for 2007 and 2008 years of photos) and its doing it again.

I’ll import the project and not touch anything else other than move the project to the appropriate year folder. All the files disappear, I can’t select anything and I’m in browser view.

If I run a smart album, it will find the files and Show in Project still points back to the empty project folder! This is driving me crazy!

J

Jason Finner's picture
by Jason Finner
February 1, 2011 - 2:46am

Best i can tell…maybe its a slow external hard drive. I exited Aperture and opened it up again and the photos were there…second time this has happened…

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
February 2, 2011 - 1:50am

Jason,

Are you attached to a USB drive? If so, then your idea could be accurate. However it’s also possible that your library could stand to have a rebuild.

Back up first… always.

Then hold down command-option on launch, and you’ll get the Aperture First Aid window, and you can Repair the database from there [screenshot].

Good luck
-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness