You are here

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lightroom CC 2015.2.1 Crashing #1
Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
November 13, 2015 - 10:11pm

Ever since the CC 2015.2 release LR has been crashing on launch for me (after the splash screen). Usually after selecting reopen from the crash window it will run. The 2015.2.1 release didn’t help. (I’m using MacOS X 10.11.1 El Capitan)

I know everyone fixated on the import workload with this release but I’m surprised I don’t see anybody else complaining of crashes. Is it working fine for most people?

At one point I uninstalled and went back to the previous version which worked for awhile but then I had issues with that as well and after yet another reinstall I ended up with 2015.2 again (due to the confusing CC installer). Sometimes it starts without crashing - but rarely.

Thomas

Florian Cortese's picture
by Florian Cortese
November 14, 2015 - 3:54pm

Thomas, I’m still on Yosemite and have been holding off on upgrading to El Cap so I may not be in the same boat as you.  I went into preferences and unchecked the open with splash option.  I like the prior photo with the sunlight trees as opposed to the new image of the blue face.  So the change was purely on that silly reason. I’m not sure that will have any impact on your situation. My paranoia is  that it is an El Cap issue. 

Florian Cortese
www.fotosbyflorian.com

Milo's picture
by Milo
November 17, 2015 - 5:21pm

Thomas, me too. It crashes almost every time now. Relaunch and then it’s stable. Worries me a little. El Capitan must be a drunk sailor and not a captain. 

by Thomas Emmerich
November 17, 2015 - 7:28pm

LR 2015.3 is out. Can’t wait to see if the bugs it claims to fix is my crashing bug. 

Thomas

by Florian Cortese
November 18, 2015 - 4:25am

Thomas, please let us know how it goes.  I’ll more than likely update to Lr CC 2015.3 tomorrow evening.  Just got back from a long hard day at work and my brain is fried.  I’m still holding off on El Cap.  Apple released the 4th beta version of OS X 10.11.2 to the public.  I’m holding out for that release and will wait about a week or so further before considering making the move once it is released.  However, if this new Lr update solves your crashing problem then I might feel more comfortable pulling the trigger on El Cap.  Sorry for using you as my personal beta tester.  I really hope this new update solves your issue.

Florian

Florian Cortese
www.fotosbyflorian.com

by Thomas Emmerich
November 19, 2015 - 3:47am

So far it has been going well. No crashes yet with 2015.3 and I no longer get the spinning wheel after choosing the quit command. Startup is now fast.

However, I must caveat that I haven’t used it extensively yet. I’m currently working on a big video project in FCP X so LR is kinda on the back burner.

Thomas

by Florian Cortese
November 19, 2015 - 4:04am

Thomas,  Good news.  Glad, at least so far, it has got you back and up and running.  I downloaded 2015.3 tonight but haven’t test drove it yet.  I’m still sitting in Yosemite and still plan on waiting for 10.11.2 to come out and be out for at least a couple of days before attempting to leap into El Cap.  Thanks for the update!

Florian

Florian Cortese
www.fotosbyflorian.com

by Thomas Emmerich
November 24, 2015 - 10:52pm

The CC 2015.3 update is still working fine with no crashing. I think they finally got the bug that was getting me.

After getting the old import workflow back I think I kinda liked the new one better - not withstanding the lack of RAW+JPEG and file filter options that Aperture has.

Thomas

by Florian Cortese
November 25, 2015 - 1:06am

Thomas, Glad to hear all is well.  That will move me closer to OS X 10.11.2 when it comes out, after waiting several days, of course..  The “new” import (which now no longer there) was not really bad, I agree.  I think if you really look at the major complaints it was the loss of several functions, mainly the automatic eject of your card after import, the ability to move files, etc.  That was my major complaint.

Florian

Florian Cortese
www.fotosbyflorian.com

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?