You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Library not seen on "Which library do...?" window #1
Kevin Miller's picture
by Kevin Miller
January 30, 2012 - 3:46pm

I have 6 Aperture libraries. One is on my MacBook Pro and the other 5 are on an external drive. When I go to File>Switch to Library>Other/New it brings up the “Which library do you want Aperture to use” window. This window should list all of my libraries if the external drive is plugged in. Yet library #1 consistently does not show up in the list. This is my largest and oldest library. I can click “Other library” on this window and navigate to library #1 and choose it. It then shows up on the list of available libraries. Yet, this does not stick and when I come back to Aperture at a later time and again open the “Which library do you want Aperture to use” window, they are all there except library #1. For some reason it will not stick on this list of available libraries. This has been an intermittent problem that has been consistently present recently. I am using Aperture 3.2.2
Thanks in advance for any advise you can provide.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
February 1, 2012 - 3:57am

Kevin,

This is a long shot, but try trashing the Aperture cache file located at /Users/joseph/Library/Caches/com.apple.Aperture. I’d trash the preferences as well, just for good measure.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Kevin Miller's picture
by Kevin Miller
February 2, 2012 - 2:35pm

Good thought. I’ll give that a try. Thank you.

Kevin Miller's picture
by Kevin Miller
February 13, 2012 - 3:53pm

I tried trashing the Aperture cache and preferences files but no luck. Library #1 still does not show up in the library list. Hmmm.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?