You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lens and perspective correction #1
Robert Sfeir's picture
by Robert Sfeir
February 28, 2011 - 2:22am

Hello,

Any recommendation for lens and perspective correction plugs in aperture? I've tried both lens fix and pt lens, not impressed with either, they're both real buggy in various ways, and UI leaves much to be desired.

Those are two things Lightroom does well over Aperture (hint hint Apple).

Thanks.
R

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
March 1, 2011 - 2:38am

Robert,

I’ve yet to see a good plug-in for this, and am hopping these are built into the next Aperture as well!

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Robert Sfeir's picture
by Robert Sfeir
March 1, 2011 - 5:03am

Glad I’m not the only one looking. I tested both PTLens and LenFix and side by side you can clearly see that the image adjustment is different in each, so it makes me wonder if the effect is just haphazard or based on some real match calculations to figure out what the lens curve would be. It’s not that simple to write and support that many lenses.

The second issue I have is with LensFix: If you open an image, it has no idea what camera or lens you’re using, even though you can see the info in its window, so you have to go pick a lens every time. At least for the Canon 24-70mm f4 lens it seems to correct OK (visually), but boy try to put in the 28-45mm Lumix GVario lens, and it distorts the whole picture completely. Real unfortunate.

R

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness