You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Layout options #1
iHarley's picture
by iHarley
September 2, 2011 - 12:51am

So I stumbled across the option of printing 3 photos on 1 sheet, and exported the result as a PDF, then exported it from Preview to a JPG to get this: http://goo.gl/Kvj1G. My question is is there a way in Aperture to have more control over the layout (picture size, background color, etc.) or is there a plugin. Is the Light table feature a way to do this? Thanks

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
September 2, 2011 - 1:47am

You can make custom layouts using the bookmaker inside Aperture. You can change the backgrounds and add text boxes, different size photos, different quantity of photos, etc. You can then save your custom layouts as master templates to use over and over again.

Once you’ve created your layout, just print the pages you want from the book and use the PDF menu to Save PDF to Folder as JPEG. To ensure you print the correct page from the book just look at the preview inside the print dialog.

Thomas

iHarley's picture
by iHarley
September 2, 2011 - 1:49am

Interesting… I hadn’t thought of that. Thanks, I’ll give it a shot.

Howard Miller's picture
by Howard Miller
September 6, 2011 - 8:42am

You might want to check out the Digital Story site. If you search for how he outputs photos on greeting card stock, it kind of goes into how to create custom page layouts. Not exactly what your looking for, but it give you some general information, that can be be worked into your custom layout.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness