You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
iPhoto to Aperature 3 #1
Tina Andrews's picture
by Tina Andrews
March 3, 2012 - 7:10am

I have recently moved from iPhoto to Aperture 3. What should I do with all the photos on iPhoto now that I no longer use it?
Tina

Chris Hoch's picture
by Chris Hoch
March 3, 2012 - 7:18am

If you are concerned about HD space then back up the iPhoto library and delete it, if space is not a worry then just leave it?

I am assuming you have transferred, if wanted, your photos from iPhoto to aperture.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
March 3, 2012 - 9:00am

Tina,

This depends on how you imported your photos from iPhoto to Aperture. Before deleting the iPhoto library, we want to be sure that the photos in Aperture aren’t in fact referencing the ones in the iPhoto library!

Assuming you have a totally independent Aperture library, then it’s safe to remove the iPhoto one. As Chris suggested you may want to archive it “just in case”, but as long as your Aperture library is backed up (check out Backblaze for cloud backup if you haven’t already), it’s probably not necessary.

If you ever need iPhoto features that aren’t in Aperture (such as making greeting cards and calendars), you can actually access your Aperture library from within iPhoto.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?