You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
insufficient space to upgrade aperture 2.0 library in aperture 3.0 #1
katrien barrat's picture
by katrien barrat
January 23, 2011 - 1:52am

I just upgraded to a new macbook pro with now leopard, have 236Gb free, with an aperture library of 112Gb - As Aperture 2.0 gave issues, i was recommended to u^grade to 3.0 but it says i need 27Gb more free space to ugrade my library ?? I cannot really free up anything anymore and am a bit at a loss - any suggestions ? PS I have a managed library
thanks ! katrien

mrkgoo's picture
by mrkgoo
January 23, 2011 - 6:29am

I never had aperture 2, so I’m unfamiliar, but could you move the aperture 2 library to an external drive, and upgrade it there?

Make sure you have backups of your library, however.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
January 24, 2011 - 4:03pm

Katrien,

Aperture needs a lot of extra space for the upgrade—although even I’ll admit that the results you’re seeing feel abnormally large.

Mr Kgoo’s suggestion is probably the only one that will work for you. If you can move the Library to a separate drive to do the update, then move it back, you should be fine.

His point to backup before the upgrade is a good one as well. Be SURE you have an up-to-date backup before attempting your upgrade. The easiest way to do this is simply make a copy. If you copy the Library to an external drive to do the update, then you’ll have your backup still on the MacBook Pro. That’s what I’d advise doing.

cheers
-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness