You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Insufficient Disk Space HELP #1
docspeed1's picture
by docspeed1
August 28, 2014 - 12:53am

I am using a 13 inch Mac Air with the latest OS and latest version of Aperture.  I have a 1TB external hard drive formatted for Mac with 998GB unused.  I am trying to import my family vacation of 774 RAW images.  I created a new library on the external hard drive to use for these photos.  When I try to import them all into a project, I get an error message that there is insufficient disk space and I need another 2GB on the hard drive.  Well there are 998GB.  I was able to import about 1/3 of the photos by selecting smaller groups, but eventually I got the same message.  So I took a 128GB SDHC card and formatted it for Mac and tried to import the remaining photos.  I thought the hard drive my be faulty.  I got the same message about the SDHC card that there was insufficient disk space and I needed 2GB more.  Well there are 128 there unused.  I need HELP!!!!

doc

David Edge's picture
by David Edge
August 28, 2014 - 7:52pm

Some things to try:

Do the three types of repair on the new Aperture library

Check the external drive with disk utility

Delete the new library and start again

Let us know how you get on.

d.

d.

docspeed1's picture
by docspeed1
August 29, 2014 - 5:36pm

I had already done all 3.  I even tried to create different libraries to get all of the photos imported.  I still get the insufficient disk space message.  It is as if Aperture will only allow a set amount of library space on the hard drive.  One that is used,  I can’t import anymore.  Thanks for the help.

doc

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?