You are here

1 post / 0 new
Importing pictures stored on an external hard drive #1
Anaïs Wiener's picture
by Anaïs Wiener
January 15, 2013 - 7:13am

I'm trying to organise my pictures through Aperture while keeping them stored on my external hard drive. My mac book pro has an internal memory of 250GB. After importing the pictures (referenced) in Aperture my memory is almost full:
Audio (12.14 GB), Movies (14.29GB), Photos (10 GB), Apps (14.65 GB), Backups (0 KB), Other (192.2 GB).
Did I do something wrong? How much space should 14'000 pictures (referenced) take on my internal hard drive?

I wanted to put as many pictures as possible (referenced of course) on my mac, to have them always with me, but how many can I keep in aperture?

A second question is the following: I organised the 14'000 pictures in aperture (folders + projects), these are not the masters, because the masters are on my external hard drive. How can I have the same organisation in folders + projects on my external hard drive?
Usually you use 'relocate' if you have the masters in Aperture and you want to put these on the external hard drive, but how do I reorganise the masters on my external hard drive?

Thank you!

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness