You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Importing a library into another. #1
Wilfredo Valle's picture
by Wilfredo Valle
August 24, 2011 - 11:41am

So this question is brought over from the tweets we've exchanged Joseph..

A little history, for the past week I've been breaking apart my primary Aperture library into something more manageable. I've divided my library by merging or adding libraries together. Thus far everything has been successful.

Until last night same process - one library (this isn't too big 1.3GB) going into a main one. I used the same process as in the past - except this time. A few things happened. The files import, but the full res images appeared to be LINKED only and according to Aperture they are missing. When in fact they shouldn't be linked but rather IMPORTED. I see a yellow tag with an arrow alerting me that they are missing. I can't seem to figure this one out.

I opened said library and it opens fine..the images are intact.

Help.

Thanks.

Dan Scherber's picture
by Dan Scherber
August 25, 2011 - 7:09am

I’m not to sure; but it sounds like Aperture imported it as a referenced library in lieu of a managed version? Have you tried to relink the files?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
August 25, 2011 - 11:54am

Wilfredo,

The images are imported (since they are working) but reporting broken (since you see the yellow triangle). Sounds like a corrupt database to me.

Launch with command-option held down and first do a permissions repair (first option), then again and do a database repair (middle option). The database rebuild should not be needed.

If that doesn’t fix it, import the original library into a new, empty library. Assuming that the import works, take that library and import into the other one.

Sometimes importing a lib into a blank one fixes a load of issues.

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness