You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Import Storage #1
Julzz's picture
by Julzz
February 24, 2014 - 9:58pm

I just got a new iMac with a 3T fusion drive. I have approximately 30,000 photos, and need to start over with my Aperture library due to mistakes made early on with my database. My plan is to keep projects I am currently working on (maybe the last 6 months photos or so) on my hard drive as managed, and export the originals as referenced later. I have imported my last photo shoot on to my new iMac and don’t like the folder structure Aperture is using. It is going in todays date instead of the actual date of the photo shoot. This is going to drive me bonkers when I export this to an external hard drive later. Is there something I’m missing as far as import strategy? 

Thanks, Julzz

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
February 24, 2014 - 10:20pm

Go into Aperture Preferences and select the Import tab. Look for the Default import location. Change it to Selected Item. Before you import photos, create the project you want to import them into. Select that Project, then import your photos. They will land in the Project you selected. You can select any Project or Album in your Library prior to importing. All import images will be placed in the Project you selected. If you select an Album inside a Project, they will be placed in that Project AND included in that Album.

Julzz's picture
by Julzz
February 24, 2014 - 10:38pm

Thanks, this was very helpful

Julzz

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?