You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Import Backup and settings #1
Florian Cortese's picture
by Florian Cortese
February 27, 2014 - 5:40am

I was able to catch Joseph’s new Photography 101 class today, but could not manage to get a question posted.  First question: if you choose to select a back up location, say an external HD, does the RAW file get backed up?  I always copy the RAW files from my memory card to a folder on an external drive before ever formatting the memory card.  This would save me a step of copying them to the HD after import. Question 2:  I like to have my photos in a project lined up by date and ascending order.  Is there a way to make this a default setting on all imports?  It seems Aperture always selects “Manual.”  thanks for the help.

Florian Cortese
www.fotosbyflorian.com

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
February 28, 2014 - 12:05pm

1) Yes, the backup location you select during import is where a second copy of your imported raw files are placed.

2) There is a location where you can select the default sort order in the Library Inspector. At the top of the Library Inspector panel, select the gear icon to open up that menu. From there select Keep Projects & Albums Arranged By > Name or Kind or Date. Your current default value will have a checkmark next to it as mine shows here.

Florian Cortese's picture
by Florian Cortese
February 28, 2014 - 4:03pm

Thanks, Walter.  That answered my question and solved my “problem.”

Florian Cortese
www.fotosbyflorian.com

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness