You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Image bug in Aperture #1
Jannik Vindeløv's picture
by Jannik Vindeløv
April 12, 2010 - 5:31am

Dear all

I’m new to this group, and are having a somewhat annoying issue when using the new adjustments such as brushes and chromatic abarration in Aperture 3: I get square multicolored (often greenish) blotches that covers from 1 to 3 fourths of the image. If I toggle between views (e.g. browser, full-screen etc, loupe) these abnormalities sometimes change or even disappear in the new views, but will not disappear from the view where the image was originally adjusted.

I’m not the only one experiencing this issue, see here:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2330532&start=0&tstart=0

(the thread above suggests a bug in the snow leopard graphics drivers for older graphic cards, and I have tried most of the suggestions presented in the thread)

If any-one knows a solution to the problem and can suggest a solution I will be very grateful!

I’m using a MacBook Pro, 2 GB RAM, ATY, Radeon X1600 card, snow leopard version 10.6.3.

Jannik

Gray Fox's picture
by Gray Fox
April 13, 2010 - 1:46pm

I am having a similar problem with my older IMac. I called Apple Support a few days ago. They told me that it was a known bug with my specific Graphics Card (NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT) and the engineers were working on it. I was told to check daily for an upgrade. They weren’t sure if it would come as upgrade to Aperture or Snow Leopard.

It is getting pretty frustrating. I hope they resolve it soon.

Jannik Vindeløv's picture
by Jannik Vindeløv
April 13, 2010 - 3:54pm

Thank you for the reply Larry - It good to hear that the engineers are aware of the issue and are working to solve it

Apple silence in these matters are very frustrating. We will just have to wait then …. My macbook pro still have some years in her before I replace her with a younger model …. ;-)

Trevor Ager's picture
by Trevor Ager
April 14, 2010 - 9:42pm

I don’t htink this issue is solely with the Nvidia GeForce 7300. I have a Radeon X1600 fitted to my iMac and have the same issues talked about here.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness