You are here

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fuji X10 Raw files on Aperture #1
Ricardo Santos's picture
by Ricardo Santos
June 10, 2013 - 9:14am

I have a fuji X10 and I was working fine with the RAW (.RAF) files since the april update that added some fuji`s cameras.

After the last update, the raw files from Fuji`s X10 stoped working.

Does anyone knows how to solve it? I`ve lost all my edit photos.

Patrick Aynie's picture
by Patrick Aynie
July 21, 2013 - 12:57pm

I have the same problem and I tried to 1) restore the iPhoto version prior to the April update using Time machine; 2) remove the iPhoto receipts; 3) resinstall the DCR 4.05.
Unfortunately it did not work.
It seems that rolling back to a previous version does not overwrite all the data from recent upgrade.

Here are some discussions forums I used:
http://www.avforums.com/forums/apple-mac/1398804-rolling-back-iphoto-pre…
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2642923?threadID=2642923

Andrey F's picture
by Andrey F
August 23, 2013 - 5:29pm

Guys, registered here to help you:
Same thing, looked like it worked with x10, read about it and decided to buy a licened Aperture for my x10. Did it and… damn! Started to search about it and found this thread.
Wrote a letter to “Aperture support” (iTunes Store Customer Support)
Asked to help to get refund. Today got letter saying that they will do refund. So…Lighroom.

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
June 12, 2013 - 1:10pm

Ricardo,

Can you describe what you mean by “stopped working”? Do you get an error when trying to edit them (e.g. Unsupported Image Format) or do they just not show up in the browser? Or something else?

Thomas

Ricardo Santos's picture
by Ricardo Santos
June 12, 2013 - 11:47pm

Hi Thomas, I got the error when trying to edit them (Unsupported Image Format).
Thank you for your reply.

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
June 13, 2013 - 2:17am

Recardo,

RAW support is a Mac OS X function. Make sure you try a complete reboot of your computer before doing any other troubleshooting.

If that doesn’t help, you could try reinstalling the last RAW update v4.06 manually from Apple’s support site. (Depending on when you’re reading this topic, there could be a newer version available)

Thomas

Ricardo Santos's picture
by Ricardo Santos
June 13, 2013 - 2:41am

Thank you Thomas. I will follow your instructions and as soon as possible give you a reply.

Ricardo Santos's picture
by Ricardo Santos
June 13, 2013 - 11:55am

Hi Thomas,

Here it is an update from my problem:

1- I`ve tried to complete reboot and nothing changed
2- Reinstall manually, opened aperture and nothing changed
3- After that I`ve tried to see on iphoto. Good news, all previews were ok, and when a double click, the full size picture were ok too
4 - Tried to edit on Iphoto - not possible, image format not compatible
5- Closed Iphoto, opened Aperture, nothing changed on Aperture, same problem (Unsupported Image Format)

Here something very stranged began. I went back to iphoto e some previews are gone from some projects. If I try to go back to aperture, they are there, but preview shows (unsupported signs)

Very strange. This is happening with other raw formats as well?

By the way, my library is maneged.

Thak you.

michael sharpe's picture
by michael sharpe
June 15, 2013 - 10:39pm

I am having exactly the same problem. I am waiting for a reply from AppleCare support and will let you know once I know what’s up. I think the problem is that the latest RAW update, or OS x update, has removed the converter for the X-10 for some reason.

Ricardo Santos's picture
by Ricardo Santos
June 16, 2013 - 1:14pm

Thank you Michael. Hope they will release a new RAW update.

michael sharpe's picture
by michael sharpe
June 16, 2013 - 8:40pm

It’s good to find someone else who is having the same problem. I was beginning to think it was all in my mind. The strange thing is that the opinion seems to be that the raw files of the X-10 were never officially supported, and the fact that we were able to import them at all is some kind of weird coincidence. It’s ironic that once raw support for Fuji cameras was finally added to OS-X, the X-10 was not one of the supported cameras, and it suddenly stopped working for us. You couldn’t make it up!

Adam J's picture
by Adam J
June 17, 2013 - 12:00am

This is definitely very odd indeed. I can confirm the issue.

I guess X10 support was either not official or maybe not complete for all of the X10 shooting modes…

Ricardo Santos's picture
by Ricardo Santos
June 24, 2013 - 8:27am

Hello guys, does anybody has an update? I still have the same problem. Thank you

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
June 24, 2013 - 8:41pm

I don’t know if this will work, but you could try installing DCR 4.05 (downgrading from 4.06) to see if that addresses your X10 raw support issue. If that works, open a bug report with Apple and tell them that the 4.06 update doesn’t support the X10. Take some screen shots now with 4.06 installed, make a zipped copy of your library, downgrade to 4.05, and see if things work. If they do, make another zipped copy of your library and get some screen shots. Make sure your screenshot file names clearly identify which version of Digital Camera RAW was installed.

http://supportdownload.apple.com/download.info.apple.com/Apple_Support_A…

Are you running Aperture 3.4.x? The DCR 4.05 and 4.06 updates require at least 3.4.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness