You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Folders, Projects & Albums #1
James James's picture
by James James
October 27, 2013 - 11:08pm

Hi, I have been reading how to structure my library in the best way using folders, projects and albums.

Can anyone advise if my proposed example below for structuring my holiday photos is a good understanding of how best to use folders, projects and albums?

Folder [Holidays]

Project [Spain 2010]

Album [Bull Fight]
Album [Boat Trip]

Project [France 2011]

Project [Italy 2012]

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
October 28, 2013 - 5:41am

Yes, you can certainly do this. There is no absolutely right or wrong way. Organization of one’s library really depends on the organization of one’s mind. From a library object point of view, yes folders at the top level, then projects, then albums inside projects. You can even have nested folders, or folder inside projects that group albums to your liking. Just remember that photos are always in a project.

Albums are nothing more than virtual collections of photos. For this reason albums can even contain photos from multiple projects, and can appear anywhere in your Library .. top level, inside a folder, inside a project, even inside a folder that is inside a project.

For example, you can have an album under your top level Holidays folder and add to it your favorite holiday photos from all your holiday trips. The fact that it is under the Holidays folder is purely my suggestion. It could even be at the top level outside of any folder.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?