You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
File Size #1
Maureen McPherson's picture
by Maureen McPherson
June 10, 2013 - 9:43pm

Need some help please. I have just gone from a Nikon D7000 to a Nikon D800. Love the full frame, love the resolution. Problem… my file sizes are huge (which I new they would be). But, I shoot real estate photography. After I edit in Aperture, I export the photo to fit a 1024x1024 and they are still a whopping 28mb! I need them to be under 700kb (for har.com unless they have changed their upload requirements)! Does anyone have any idea how I would go about achieving this in Aperture? Do I need to start shooting my real estate stuff in jpeg so I can get a smaller file size? Don't really want to do that! I may just have to go back to doing all of my Real Estate work on my D7000, but my D800 is so much more fun. I would love your thoughts!

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
June 11, 2013 - 12:17pm

Maureen,

Did you create your own preset for 1024x1024 or are you using a default preset in the Aperture Export Versions dialog? Which one did you use or what settings did you use for your own preset? (JPEG?, TIFF?) What quality setting?

Thomas

Butch Miller's picture
by Butch Miller
June 11, 2013 - 7:04pm

Indeed, if your target is a 700kb 1024x1024 image, you are not setting the correct parameters for your file export if the result is a 28MB file. Even a 16 bit Tiff 300ppi at 1024x1024 would weigh in at around 6MB …

Maureen McPherson's picture
by Maureen McPherson
June 13, 2013 - 10:06am

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU…. I didn’t even know I could make my own preset for exporting. I’ve been using Aperture for 2 years and every time I get stuck on something you guys help me learn something new! It seems dumb that I didn’t know this, but… hey… this is the first time I’ve had to take that big of a file and make it that small. Thanks again!

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness