You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
"File permissions" and G Drive Mobile USB #1
makemesmile's picture
by makemesmile
April 15, 2014 - 9:29pm

Hi!  I’ve just found myself struggling with two issues on Aperture:

1.  On trying to open my Aperture back-up on my G Drive Mobile USB I get the box “To use this library make sure its file permissions are set correctly” and can’t open the contents.  To date I haven’t struggled to open any photos within Aperture itself, just the contents of the back-up drive.

2.  I cannot download raw photos from a new camera into Aperture as the file format is not recognised.  I presume this is because I am using an old version of Aperture, being Aperture 3.2.1!  

3.  The reason I am still using Aperture 3.2.1 is that Aperture has not once advised me that updates are available.  Does Aperture automatically notify users of new updates to be downloaded or should I be periodically looking for the updates?  Aperture was purchased for me rather by me and on the only occasion that I tried to download an update my computer brought up the contact details of the purchaser rather than me, which makes me wonder whether the Aperture set-up needs to be adjusted.

Clearly Aperture needs to be updated, but I’m wondering about the permissions issue on the back-up drive and how I ensure I have Aperture backed up before I try to repair any permissions and download and install the latest Aperture.

Any tips on how I should deal with the above and ensure no photos are lost would be very much appreciated!

Thank you!

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
April 24, 2014 - 2:05am

Not sure you still need help.  On the drive that you are trying to open.  ”Command I ”  for info on the Lib and look for Read & write  for the users, change them to  to Read & Write for all users  if necessary.   You may need to unlock the info box.  That drive is formatted with HFS +  journal ?

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?