You are here

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Feature requests #1
Stig Bordsenius's picture
by Stig Bordsenius
February 14, 2012 - 6:48pm

If you have ideas on how to improve Aperture Inspector, this is he place for you.
Tell us what you would like changed, and we'll do our best to make it happen.

Please be as specific as possible, if we have to guess at what you want it's not as helpfull as a good detailed explanation.

by Stig Bordsenius
February 18, 2012 - 7:57pm

two request from another thread on htis site:

Mike Boening:
Wants to have the tables sortable

Zack Thomas
Would like to be able to group eqipment and have a better spread in the aperture graphs .

If you have ideas here, plase tell us!

d kenner's picture
by d kenner
February 21, 2012 - 6:37am

Comment: An ability when you enter $0, or $1 (to avoid a divide by zero error) as the cost of a camera or lens to denote that it was a gift, borrowed, or essentially free, giving a value on a cost per shot rather than a blank. Makes the table look more complete.

Requests: An ability to zoom, or make the charts larger. If possible (though possibly complicated) to change the Camera name from something like “E990” to one more readable like “Nikon 990” or “Nikon Coolpix 990”, unless it is possiboe to change this globally in Aperture.

Lovely programme!

Ransome's picture
by Ransome
April 15, 2012 - 10:58pm

My first thought was to be able to see the keeper rate by camera or lens, maybe even a keeper rate with a camera lens combination. The current features look very interesting, not only for what to buy, but for what to pack when space is limited.

Zandr Milewski's picture
by Zandr Milewski
June 4, 2012 - 2:53pm

Yes, being able to plot or filter by star rating would be huge.

Aperture inspector just paid for itself about 50x over. I’m going to be shooting an airshow in the UK (I live in the US) and have to travel light. Renting while overseas is challenging. So I took a look at how many of my really good shots were taken at >400mm (on 1.6x crop Canons) to see if a 100-300 for m4/3 would be enough.

The answer is a resounding yes: I have lots of keepers at 400mm, only a few at 500 or 560 (400 + 1.4x)

Now, to do this, I was actually using filters inside Aperture, but Aperture Inspector lead the way. Having this functionality inside Aperture Inspector would be a big time saver.

Peter Norvig's picture
by Peter Norvig
June 13, 2012 - 12:28pm

Just got my copy, and I appreciate it.

But here’s a request: in the ISO chart, do you really think I want a label for ISO 1131.4? I think we can agree that it would be more useful to have labels at ISO 800 and 1600 (and maybe 1000 and 1250).

Howard Solomon's picture
by Howard Solomon
June 24, 2012 - 11:28pm

Feature Request: I have I used a large number of zooms, and thus it would be VERY helpful if I could see the focal length breakdown for ALL the lenses in the database by percent and with a graph, rather than just this information for each specific lens.
thanks.

by Stig Bordsenius
June 25, 2012 - 7:16pm

Hi Howard.

This is the easiest feature request so far, it is already there.
If you look at the camera-models you get all lenses used by the specific camera. So if you have used a 17-35mm, and a 80-400 mm on one camera body the range of the report is from 17 - 400 mm

Cheers
Stig

Alex Teo's picture
by Alex Teo
October 20, 2012 - 4:33pm

Would be nice to have the possibility to go directly to those pictures selected in different modes in Aperture Inspector. I guess it’s about sending the filtering from AI to Aperture.

by Stig Bordsenius
October 23, 2012 - 10:50pm

Hi
This is a good idea, but there are some major hurdles hre. Due to “sandboxing” built into the Mac OS applications can’t interfere much with each other. And Aperture Inspector is buildt with Adobe Air, and this adds to this problem I am afraid.

I’ll look into a solution based on applescript, but I cannot promise anything on this . But there is no doubt that it is a very good idea!

Stig

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness